Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Indie finds!

Hey all, hope your week is going well...as for me, I'm a wee bit under the weather...literally the allergies are chasing me into the house! Anywho, don't forget that all month I am giving away A Sterling Bat necklace to all purchases of $75+ at the Etsy shop! The Holidays are coming soon so read on for my vignette on my artist friend for awesome holidays grabs that are affordable (especially for the little gals you know!)

OK, so whenever I'm at a public event I spend about half the time busy at work, selling and chatting up customers...the other half of the time...I browse other shops and chat with interesting artists at the events....well last month I was sitting Next to Katie, of TACKY TOP HAT. We chatted, admired each other's work and of course did a little shopping at our respective tables! Needless to say I wanted to introduce her to you all too!!

So Katie is a busy gal, going to college, working and maintaining her quirky, cool site www.tackytophat.com be sure to check it out! She also has a shop on Etsy, a place MANY of us are familiar with :) In one word, her stuff is supercute! From hand drawn stickers to plushies, dresses, tees and purses this girl does it all!! Her items sell out quick, so be sure to grab anything if you are interested.

Some of my faves (shown left) are The Forest friends tee and the Damask bunny tote...there are bunnies hiding in the graphics!! Too cool and of course CUUUUUUUTE! At the event, the little ones loved her stuff. It was almost like there was a magnet bringing them over. The smiles on their faces when they were looking through her items were priceless, so definite crowd pleasers for grown gals and wee ones alike! I would say her shop is a definite for the upcoming Holidays...did anybody say stocking stuffer?

Well thats all for today folks! Feel free to leave a comment. Let me know what you think about Artwark's blog makeover with the weekly giveaways, artist clips and such :) Love to all! <3

xoxo
Artwark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool stuff!

Share our posts with friends!

Who/ what the heck is Artwark?

My photo
Artwark is an up and coming jewelry business that began as a hobby 2 years ago. I am designer/marketer, Sarah and i welcome you to my little corner of the world :D