Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wednesday Wishlist...your wish is my command!! NOW MAKING custom initial charms!


Hey All!! For a while I have been receiving numerous requests to create handstamped initial jewelry. While I was buying some ready stamped items, NOW I AM READY TO CREATE MY OWN HANDSTAMPED PIECES!... last month I was hanging out with Abbu..my Dad in his garage, he was all thrilled to show me all kinds of interesting new tools and other 'fun' items cluttering up the garage walls that only Dad's hail as fun :D Anyhow, it was time VERY well spent! Because as I was going back into the house, Abbu gave me a present: his METAL TOOLING KIT! To those of you who do not know what that is, to create custom initial Jewelry, you need to have a metal tooling kit: a set of metal chisel like pieces with a letter at the tip of each. These are used to 'stamp' the letters one at a time onto metal charms by a process of hammering. Since I already had a hammer and anvil, I was set!!

This weekend, my friend Sameera was telling me she wanted to buy some Initial necklaces for her neices and it was the perfect chance for me to try out the kit! Here are a few examples of what I can do now :D I can make small initial Charm pendants for you!! So far, these are the ones I have created. Want one? I like to stamp on vintagey looking antique gold coins, thick, sterling silver Hill Tribe charms and chunky 24K Gold vermeil charms (which is heavy Gold plating over sterling silver) My style is rugged stamping~varied from piece to piece a bold! I would love to hear feedback on what you think so be sure to leave a comment! I will be posting these items in the next few days at my Etsy shop so feel free to hop over there soon if you would like one!

xo
Sarah

No comments:

Share our posts with friends!

Who/ what the heck is Artwark?

My photo
Artwark is an up and coming jewelry business that began as a hobby 2 years ago. I am designer/marketer, Sarah and i welcome you to my little corner of the world :D