Saturday, April 4, 2009

COLD REMEDIES: Secret potion Recipe


Good morning everyone :) Like many of you, I have finally caught a cold! Its day 3 and I have lots to do...my solution: Potion time! Since I was a child My Mother, a Physician urged me to use alternative/herbal solutions unless there is infection involved (at which time allopathic medicine is a must-meaning a trip to the Dr. or pharmacy) anyhow, she always made me a hot drink which we liked to call Ma's secret 'potion' :D Over the last few years, now that im the ripe old age of 27, I have added some of my own ingredients...This works REALLY well, to clear nasal passages, free post nasal drip ,etc. Not pretty, but helpful. So here it is:

Combine 5 cups of water, 1/2 cinnamon STICK, 4 whole cloves, 1/4 tsp ginger powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne chilli pepper (less if you cannot tolerate spicy) 3 whole cardamon~ in a small saucpan/pot with long handle. Bring to a boil. At boiling point, remove from heat and pour into a cup, straining out the spices, etc. Add 1 tsp. honey and stir in.

DRINK UP!!

This is quite tasty with a mildly sweet/spicy flavor. Serves 2 or 3.

Feel free to leave your remedies here too :)

No comments:

Share our posts with friends!

Who/ what the heck is Artwark?

My photo
Artwark is an up and coming jewelry business that began as a hobby 2 years ago. I am designer/marketer, Sarah and i welcome you to my little corner of the world :D