Monday, November 23, 2009

Healthy Indulgence-recipe Sundae Waffles


I am on the road to losing some extra weight I put on after college about 2 years back. In september I started. After a 4 day cleanse of 1,200 calories a day and then eating 1,600 cals per day...i lost some pounds and began a workout regimen. Simple and asy. But, I started to fall into some old patterns around day 42. SO i got back on track, did the 4 day jumpstart again and lost another 3 pounds last week. I decided I'm going to have a new goal of getting around 1,200 calories a day. At a 5' frame, that is about how much I'm supposed to be consuming anyways.

Well, if you are like me, you love sweets and indulging in tasty foods. After some searching and studying all different diets, I came up with some of my own recipes that are low in calorie and really satistying foods.

Sundae Waffles.

1 Kashi whole grain round waffle
1/4 Banana sliced
15 pieces of semi sweet (dark) chocolate
1 tsp. natural peanut butter
1 tsp skim milk

To do: combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and milk and melt in the microwave or stovetop. In the microwave, set to 20 seconds...keep adding another 10 seconds until the chocolate is soft enough to stir. Stir the combination together. Toast Waffle and top with chocolate mixture and top with bananas. YUM!

Serves one. 240 calories. (if this is for breakfast, you can double the recipe for 2 waffles.)

Check back next week for another post!

xo
Sarah

No comments:

Share our posts with friends!

Who/ what the heck is Artwark?

My photo
Artwark is an up and coming jewelry business that began as a hobby 2 years ago. I am designer/marketer, Sarah and i welcome you to my little corner of the world :D