Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Spring! Some seasonal remedies!


Hey All! it has been too long since I last posted! So i thought i would catch up with everyone today :D I am down with a flu-like virus that started as what I thought were allergies! No luck. Fever, throbbing head & terrible sinuses too :( I hope you all are keeping healthy! Thats for sure. So anyhow Ma made me a concoction beverage which of course was gross. Heres the recipe:

10 black peppercorns, 4 cloves, 3 tps honey, 1 piece of ginger and 1 cup water. Really strong stuff but it did seem to help! You boil it all together. The water turns black, I kid you not. Scary!!


Another interesting item I have found REALLY useful, (don't laugh) is Kleenex. In our house, when sick, you get to pick from toilet paper or paper towels. Guests over time always deplete our Kleenex (by in my opinion) wasting them for like one blow. I'm like HELLO make that kleenex count! Not to be gross. Anyways, PUFFS plus was on sale for .79 a box!! Woohoo with the lotion in it! YES!!

Last, I finally caved & purchased a NETI pot. They now make them in unbreakable (aka plastic) which has my name written all over it. Since I'm a klutz and a half, the porcelain kind just is NOT a good idea to be anywhere in the body. I was having anxiety attacks picturing broken shards of porcelain going up my nose into my brain. SHARP glass. (one of my wacky fears is glass injurys. odd.)



Anyways, it helps a LOT so I would recommend all of these + homemade chicken soup. That plus netflix instant online movies can make being sick a little more tolerable. Especially since I seem to have also lost my voice along the way. Anyways!!! I'm off to recuperate some more!! Lots of love to you & yours & hoping to feel much better soon! I'm hoping to get back into regular blogging & am currently waiting for some new jewelry purchases of my own to show off along with the creators of them!!

ta for now!
xo
Sarah

No comments:

Share our posts with friends!

Who/ what the heck is Artwark?

My photo
Artwark is an up and coming jewelry business that began as a hobby 2 years ago. I am designer/marketer, Sarah and i welcome you to my little corner of the world :D